TEDxYouth@Toronto Speaker Nomination
Founded in 2009, TEDxYouth@Toronto is the oldest TEDxYouth event in Canada. Each year, 200+ of the GTA’s most engaged youth undergo an application process for the opportunity to interact with speakers such as Scott Moir and Tessa Virtue, Marc Garneau, Eric Chong, and Arlene Dickinson. Our team of volunteers is excited to embark on our 9th year of connecting incredible youth with our amazing speakers to help grow and share ideas worth spreading. Our conference will be hosted mid-November in 2018.
APPLICATIONS for 2018 are now open!
What's in it for you?
- Talks have the potential to be featured on TED.com
- Talks are live streamed and recorded, and will be posted on our TEDxYouth@TO Youtube channel
- Opportunity to speak to the GTA’s brightest and most ambitious youth to shift the status quo and bring about meaningful change to benefit our communities
- Opportunity to network with Canada’s most innovative thought leaders
- Opportunity to be exposed on our social media platforms
- TEDxYouthTO has 3,500+ fans
- Reached more than 200,000 people during the two months leading up to event day
- Tweets from @TEDxYouthTO resulted in 18,000+ impressions on event day.
- More than 440 tweets engaged with our handle and hashtags on event day.
- @TEDxYouthTO has 1,900+ followers
- 10,000+ views for 2016 videos
Past Speaker Testimonial
“It was such a privilege to be speaking at the event of 2017 this November. I’m glad that I have the chance to share and inspire others and also get inspired. I believe in young people as they are the present and future of this world, and events like yours is one of the best bridges to get young people together and empower them.”
- Hani Al Moulia, TEDxYouth@Toronto 2017 Speaker
What We Are Looking For
TEDxYouth@Toronto 2018 will bring together Canada’s most innovative thought leaders who possess the following qualities:
- Have a captivating idea worth spreading that will resonate with youth, told through the speaker’s unique experiences and journey
- Are looking to engage with the most driven and passionate youth, and inspire them
- Can deliver their talk with confidence, and ensure the flow is smooth and natural